El Paso Family Law, Estate Planning, & Personal Injury Attorney
When many people think about “family law” they think divorce. The reality is, there is so much more to it. Family law includes anything from divorce, child custody modifications, paternity, to grandparents’ rights and domestic violence issues. If you need assistance regarding any of these matters, a lawyer at our firm can assist you.
Read more about our areas of practice below.
Contact an Attorney Handling Family Law in El Paso County
We will help you make good, informed decisions that seek to protect your goals and interests. Please contact our office online or call 915-533-1610 to schedule an appointment. We are conveniently located near I-10.
The Law Office of Xochitl A. Ambriz — Making a Difference With Legal Solutions that Fit Your Family
Divorce & Family Law
At the Law Office of Xochitl A. Ambriz, we work to provide the most personalized services for our clients. Our lawyer will meet with you for a consultation, discuss goals for your situation, and devise a strategy in order to fulfill your goals. We are prepared to represent you if faced with legal matters involving:
- Divorce: Our El Paso divorce lawyer handles contested and uncontested divorce matters and assists clients with all aspects of their case, including child custody/visitation matters and spousal support (alimony).
- Enforcement of orders: Our firm helps clients with visitation orders, child support orders, as well as division of property or debt orders.
- Custody and visitation: We understand that children are the most important people in a divorce. Our firm will work to devise a custody and visitation plan that best suits your family and is in your child’s best interests.
- Modification of prior orders: If your family’s needs change after the final decree is made, we can assist you in making those changes. We help our clients with modifications such as child support modifications, spousal support modifications and child custody modifications.
- Paternity: We handle issues relating to unmarried couples with children out of wedlock, such as obtaining child support from one parent and establishing legal rights as a father.
- Grandparents rights: If you have been taking care of your grandchildren in the absence of their parents, we can work with you to have you legally ordered as the child’s primary conservator or to have custodial rights of the children in order to make legal and financial decisions on their behalf.
- Domestic violence: If you are the victim of domestic violence we will help you file a protective order. We also represent clients who have been accused of domestic violence and have had protective orders filed against them.
- Mediation: If the court has ordered mediation regarding your case, we will attend the mediation with you in order to protect your rights through the proceeding.
- Common law marriage issues: If you have lived with someone for at least seven years and held yourself out as man and wife — commingling assets, filing joint tax returns, making investments together — we can represent you, your investments and your children to protect you upon separation.
- Military divorce: We handle military divorce and family law matters and serve servicemen and servicewomen throughout Fort Bliss and the Briggs Army Airfield.