When accidents involving 18-wheelers and other big rigs leave you with serious injuries, our El Paso truck accident attorney provides the professional legal representation you need.
When crashes involving 18-wheelers, tractor trailers, and other big rigs occur, it can leave other motorists involved with serious and potentially life threatening injuries. At the Law Office of Xochitl A. Ambriz, we provide the professional legal representation you need in these situations. Our El Paso truck accident attorney can help you hold the driver and the company he or she works for accountable, so you can get the compensation you need to recover.
Representing Motorists Injured in El Paso Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are an unfortunately common event throughout the state. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), close to 1,000 commercial vehicles are involved in collisions throughout the El Paso area alone each year. Often involving semi trucks, 18-wheelers, and tractor trailers, these crashes present a serious danger to others on the roads. While the large bulk and heavy weight of these big rigs tend to protect the truck drivers, regular motorists can end up with catastrophic injuries.
At the Law Office of Xochitl A. Ambriz, we help people injured in these accidents get the compensation they need for the medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses they incur. Our years of experience allow us to provide efficient, highly effective legal representation for clients who suffer the following:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle and tendon sprains, strains, and tears;
- Broken bones, multiple fractures, and dislocated joints;
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash and herniated discs;
- Severe lacerations and burns caused by contact with hot metal surfaces or engine fluids;
- Abdominal injuries, resulting in internal bleeding and damage to body organs;
- Head injuries, such as concussion and traumatic brain injury (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
18-wheeler accidents and other truck accidents are complex events, with numerous contributing factors involved. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) states that among the most common causes are:
- Reckless behaviors on the part of the truck driver such as speeding, tailgating, and driving distracted;
- Lack of experience, which can result in dangerous driving errors;
- Loads that are overweight or unevenly distributed;
- Lack of truck maintenance, resulting in problems with tires, engines, and brakes;
- Improper training and overly demanding schedules, which make truckers more dangerous on the road.
When any of the above are a factor in a collision, our El Paso truck accident attorney can help you hold both the driver and the trucking company accountable through an injury claim.
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a truck accident, The Law Office of Xochitl A. Ambriz is available to provide the legal guidance and support you need. To request a consultation to discuss how we can assist you, reach out and contact our El Paso truck accident attorney today.